Friday, March 11, 2011

The Song Interpretation: Masterpiece




Masterpiece ( Atlantic Starr)

A simple touch of your hand, 
And everything is right. 
The gentle way you look at me, 
When we kiss goodnight. 

You've given me the 

freedom no other love 
has known 
And now I thank you girl 
thank you girl 


The countless ways you've 
touched my heart 
Is more than I can say 

The beauty that you've shown to me 

takes my breath away 
A picture perfect 
painting, that's what 
our love is 
And yes I need you so, 
and now I know 


[Chorus:] 
ooooh 
I've found a masterpiece in you 

a work of art it's true 

And I treasure you my love 
ooooh 
I've found a masterpiece in you 
a work of art it's true 
And I treasure you 


Sometimes I wonder what I'd be 
Had I not found you 
A lost and lonely soul this world 

could show me nothing new 


But now my life's a canvas 
painted with your love 
And it will always be 

And now I see 


The two of us together 
Through time will never part 
This fairy tale we shared 

is real inside our hearts 

let it be forever 
never let it end 
this promise I do make 
Heaven is ours to take 


[Chorus] 


When I'm lost and insecure 
you build me up and make me sure 
that everything will be alright 

My love 


[Chorus] 


(This fairy tale we're sharing 
is real inside our hearts 
Let it be forever 

never let it end)

Soft music, simple melody and yet so powerful and meaningful lyrics. That's how I describe this song.
The writer touches my heart with the meaning of this song. This song mean so much to me and my husband.
1991 when this song was played in the airwaves. I was already attracted to its melody. It was also the beginning 
of our long distance relationship. My husband has to work far from us. Though distance lie between us,
we're never far apart by heart. Letters are the only thing that binds and fills the space between us.
We both love music, and he begun sending me letters with song lyrics. I sent him this song, "Masterpiece".
Our relationship become a Masterpiece because of the love, trust and faith in God we put in our relationship.
"This fairy tale we're sharing is real inside our hearts, Let it be forever, never let it end."^_*


No comments:

Post a Comment